Limited Commercial Warranty
Poly-Wood, LLC (hereinafter “POLYWOOD”), the licensee of Trex® Outdoor Furniture™, warranties to the original purchaser (“Purchaser”) that, for a period of three (3) years (except as specified below) of commercial use from the date of purchase, under normal use and service conditions, Trex Outdoor Furniture shall be free from material defects, and shall not splinter, crack, chip, peel, or rot, or suffer structural damage from insect infestation.
Welds and joints are warranted to not break or crack for three (3) years of commercial use. Powder coat finish is warranted to not peel for two (2) years of commercial use.
Hardware used in production or assembly of Trex Outdoor Furniture is warranted to not break for one (1) year of commercial use.
Woven inserts are warranted to not fail structurally, crack, unravel, fade excessively, or rot for two (2) years of commercial use.
Sling fabric is warranted from tears and becoming non-functional because of loss of dimensional stability from exposure conditions, including sunlight, mildew, rot, and abnormal atmospheric conditions for six (6) months of commercial use. Abnormal or excessive discoloration and fading are covered.
CUSHIONS, PILLOWS, & UMBRELLAS
Cushions, pillows, and umbrella canopies are warranted to be free from workmanship or material defects for thirty (30) days from purchase. The fabric on a cushion, pillow, or umbrella canopy is warranted to not tear, mildew, or fade excessively for one (1) year
from purchase. Umbrella frames and bases are not covered under the Trex Outdoor Furniture warranty. (Click to view Treasure Garden, Inc. warranty)
For service under the Treasure Garden, Inc. warranty, please reach out to POLYWOOD or the Trex Outdoor Furniture retailer from whom you purchased your umbrella.
TREX® TRANSCEND® LUMBER
Trex® Transcend® lumber is not covered under the Trex Outdoor Furniture warranty. (Click to view Trex Company, Inc. warranty)
LOCKING DOWN FURNITURE
This warranty will remain valid if a bench has been properly anchored to the ground. Suggested anchor materials include stainless steel hardware with a stainless or aluminum bracket, and painted or unpainted material. It’s best to utilize an appropriate pilot hole when screwing into the POLYWOOD material. (Click to view example)
The following items are specifically excluded from the Trex Outdoor Furniture limited commercial warranty. POLYWOOD shall not be liable for any failure, defect, or damage resulting from or connected with the following:
- Fading, color change, or color match — POLYWOOD lumber is made with UV stabilizers to minimize fading; however, upon exposure to the sun, all colors will fade to some degree. To minimize possible fading: keep product covered, utilize cushions where applicable, minimize direct sunlight by storing product when not in use, or use a UV-protectant
- Color or pattern variance between any new replacement section or pieces and other sections or pieces
- Rust or corrosion of stainless steel or zinc-coated steel hardware (please see Cleaning/Maintenance information for details on how to maintain your hardware)
- Rust or corrosion of steel frames
- Assembly or handling of products after they leave our factory, including any lack of performance or improper performance in any way by the dealer or assembler
- Abnormal use of products
- The application of paint, varnish, or other coating or chemical not approved by POLYWOOD or the application of heat or radiation from an external source, such as a barbecue grill, another appliance, fire, or reflection from windows or doors
- Any lack of compatibility between our products and any other product not manufactured by us that causes damage to or failure of our products
- Post-delivery labor, transportation, or assembly costs
- Damage caused by, among other things, use of incompatible accessories, intentional acts, unreasonable use, misuse, physical abuse, permanent deformation or destruction by human or animal, vandalism, riot, insurrection or civil disorder, accidents, or corrosive atmospheres (such as those contaminated by acid rain, harmful chemicals or vapors), or any act of God (such as fire, flooding, hurricane, earthquake, tornado, lightning, ice, etc.), environmental condition (such as air pollution, mold, mildew, etc.), staining from foreign substances (such as dirt, grease, oil, etc.), or normal weathering (defined as exposure to sunlight, weather, and atmosphere which may cause any colored surface to gradually fade, darken, chalk, or accumulate dirt or stains)
- Assembly of hardware, accessory items, or defects caused by their assembly
We reserve the right to discontinue or modify any product line or color without notifying the Purchaser. If the original product is not available, we retain the right to choose to provide replacement material of equal value or quality.
No person or entity is authorized by POLYWOOD to make, and POLYWOOD shall not be bound by, any statement or representation as to the quality or performance of Trex Outdoor Furniture products other than as contained in this warranty. This warranty may not be altered or amended except in a written instrument signed by POLYWOOD and Purchaser.
Under no circumstances will POLYWOOD be liable for special, incidental, or consequential damages, whether such damages are sought in contract, in tort (including but not limited to negligence and strict liability) or otherwise, and POLYWOOD’s liability with respect to defective products shall in no event exceed the replacement of such products or return of the purchase price, as described above.
Some states do not allow the exclusions or limitations of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights that vary from state to state.
This warranty shall only be applicable and enforceable in the United States of America and Canada.
Proper maintenance of your product is required to support the benefits of this warranty. This warranty is voided in the event that there are indications of abuse or neglect to the furniture. This warranty does not apply to normal wear and tear effects on Trex Outdoor Furniture products, which are received by regular use of the products.
This warranty is effective for products purchased on or after 4/2/2019. For warranty information for Trex Outdoor Furniture products purchased prior to 4/2/2019, please contact the Trex Outdoor Furniture Customer Experience Team.
Trex® and Trex® Outdoor Furniture™ are trademarks of Trex Company, Inc. and are used under license by POLYWOOD.
Need help with your order?
Select the bottom right 🗨️ icon to chat with our Customer Experience Team about your order.